LOCAL SPONSOR

Just Got My Shore-based Shark-Smart Fishing Certificate…

New Smyrna/Daytona Beach Fishing Reports Forums General Discussion Just Got My Shore-based Shark-Smart Fishing Certificate…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    empty

A good buddy demonstrates how NOT to handle a shark on the beach.

In case you didn’t know, anglers now need a license to target sharks from shore (of if you’re using certain gear) in the State of Florida…

I just took the course for my Shore-based Shark-Smart Fishing Certificate and figured I’d share a few thoughts on the process. The course was quick, easy, and free. It took about 30 minutes and was drawn out a little longer than needed. In a nutshell, the basic info you need to know is: use a non-stainless steel circle hook, release as quickly as possible, a very basic level of shark identification, and that any shark that cannot be positively ID’d, treat it as if it’s protected (don’t remove from water).

If there’s any prospect of shark fishing from shore in your next year, just knock out the test and get it done with. Here’s a link to the FWC course.

Attachments:
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

To respond with a comment, or register here to create your free account.

Subscribe to Win!

Sign up here for a chance to win our monthly prize — $50 GIFT CARD from New Smyrna Outfitters!

You must be logged in to a Fishtona account to sign up for this giveaway! or register here to subscribe and enter the contest.

Scouting Report

If you just want to share an observation about current conditions, but not a full fishing report, post it here!

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Introduce Yourself

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Post On Fishtona!

To post a report or another type of topic, or register here to create your free account.

Login

Login to participate on the Fishtona.com community.

Join Fishtona!

Register to become a member of the Fishtona.com community.

Sorry, registration is temporarily closed.