LOCAL SPONSOR

Red Snapper Season Strategy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    empty

Red Snapper season is a GENEROUS 4 days this July, right in the middle of the spawn.

Lets talk about our ever so generous four-day red snapper season that once again falls right in the middle of the spawn this July. My personal strategy would be, get your fish and get home! But, I also understand that many anglers would like to make the most of the day.

The red snapper should come easy, and we all know that no one is taking the first few fish they catch. Start off using big baits; literally baits that are border line shark fishing size or goliath grouper size. Keep the first “X” amount of respectable fish that come over the gunnels to your limit. After you reach your limit, I suggest switching everyone to chicken rig fishing for vermillion snapper, trigger fish, lane snapper and porgies. At the end of the day, you will have a phenomenal catch.

If you only want to go big, you can continue to soak big baits and weed through snapper but the grouper bite is not going to be great. The water is too clear and the grouper numbers just aren’t right, so in my opinion, it is a waste of time.

Attachments:
    1. red snapper season 2020

Captain Greg has been fishing the waters of Port Canaveral and the Atlantic for over 30 years. Greg and his team of full time captains at Sea Leveler Sport Fishing Charters fish well over 200 days each per year. Call to book a trip, or visit on the web.

July 20, 2020

Great post. Tha ms for the info.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

To respond with a comment, or register here to create your free account.

Subscribe to Win!

Sign up here for a chance to win our monthly prize — $50 GIFT CARD from New Smyrna Outfitters!

You must be logged in to a Fishtona account to sign up for this giveaway! or register here to subscribe and enter the contest.

Scouting Report

If you just want to share an observation about current conditions, but not a full fishing report, post it here!

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Introduce Yourself

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Post On Fishtona!

To post a report or another type of topic, or register here to create your free account.

Login

Login to participate on the Fishtona.com community.

Join Fishtona!

Register to become a member of the Fishtona.com community.

Sorry, registration is temporarily closed.