LOCAL SPONSOR

Sunglow Pier Surf Fishing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    empty

Nurse sharks don't put up much of a fight but are always cool to see.

I hit the beach in the neighborhood of the Sunglow Pier to do a little fishing late afternoon today. Right after the rain passed, the conditions were absolutely beautiful to put a line in the water, or to just enjoy the beach in general. The sea was calm and the water glossy, the tide low. Today I brought just a single surf rod with a classic pompano rig, along with some Fishbites. I was hoping to be able to find some sand fleas, and I did manage to get a handful of some decent sized buggers.

The bite was decent. Caught a few good sized whiting, but didn’t take any home with me. The highlight, at least for a few spectators on the beach, was reeling in a little nurse shark. I reeled in without even knowing anything was on the line. It’s always pretty cool catching a shark, though. All-in-all, it was a pretty nice outing at the beach. Next time when I have a little bit more time I’ll be bringing the cooler.

Attachments:
    1. nurse shark on the beach
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

To respond with a comment, or register here to create your free account.

Subscribe to Win!

Sign up here for a chance to win our monthly prize — $50 GIFT CARD from New Smyrna Outfitters!

You must be logged in to a Fishtona account to sign up for this giveaway! or register here to subscribe and enter the contest.

Scouting Report

If you just want to share an observation about current conditions, but not a full fishing report, post it here!

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Introduce Yourself

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Post On Fishtona!

To post a report or another type of topic, or register here to create your free account.

Login

Login to participate on the Fishtona.com community.

Join Fishtona!

Register to become a member of the Fishtona.com community.

Sorry, registration is temporarily closed.