LOCAL SPONSOR

Glass Minnow Run is Here!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    July 6, 2020
    empty

Glass minnows have brought all the predators to the beach -- even bonefish! It's summer time and you never know what you might catch right on the beach!

The glass minnow run has made its way to the area, and along with the bait pods come the predator fish.

This week’s catch included several large bull whiting and several nice big pompano caught in the area along with Spanish mackerel and blue runners. The tarpon and large sharks have also began to show up along the coast with the glass minnows. I even managed to catch a small bonefish right out of the surf.

For the whiting and pompano, the bait of choice has been fresh shrimp, live sand fleas, and Fishbites in either the pink shrimp flavor or the orange and white sand flea flavor. Use a standard pompano rig.

surf fishing report

The Spanish mackerel and blue runners where caught on strips of fresh cut bait and small 1/4 and 1/2 oz white bucktail jigs.

Attachments:
    1. surf fishing reporrt
    2. bonefish surf fishing

Byran is a professional surf fishing and land based shark fishing guide based out New Smyrna Beach, FL. Call (386) 216-8025 to book a trip, or visit Southern Bred Fishing Charters on the web.

July 7, 2020

Bonefish in the surf!?!?! That’s awesome. Thanks for the report, Byran!

July 7, 2020

That’s crazy! How rare is it to catch a bonefish around here? I’ve heard of people getting them in the lagoon further south, but not this far up the coast.

July 8, 2020

I’d say it’s pretty rare. I’ve been surf fishing in the area for a pretty LONG time and have definitely never caught a bonefish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

To respond with a comment, or register here to create your free account.

Subscribe to Win!

Sign up here for a chance to win our monthly prize — $50 GIFT CARD from New Smyrna Outfitters!

You must be logged in to a Fishtona account to sign up for this giveaway! or register here to subscribe and enter the contest.

Scouting Report

If you just want to share an observation about current conditions, but not a full fishing report, post it here!

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Introduce Yourself

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Post On Fishtona!

To post a report or another type of topic, or register here to create your free account.

Login

Login to participate on the Fishtona.com community.

Join Fishtona!

Register to become a member of the Fishtona.com community.

Sorry, registration is temporarily closed.