LOCAL SPONSOR

Time Flies in New Smyrna Beach

New Smyrna/Daytona Beach Fishing Reports Forums Fishing Reports Time Flies in New Smyrna Beach

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    November 26, 2019
    empty

When two old friends make time out of there busy schedule to fish together. It makes for great memories and I’m glad I was chosen to help with that.

I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is already here! Though it feels this way every time, I’ve got to say — this year has just flown past! With the Fall weather currently in the air here in New Smyrna Beach, there is some great inshore fishing opportunities on which to capitalize in both the Halifax River and Mosquito Lagoon. The cold fronts we have been experiencing over the past couple of weeks have sent water temperatures down significantly, particularly so in shallow waters. This has had the effect of moving many fish in search of warmth in deeper mud flats and sand holes. I’d recommend starting your day by fishing coves and bays with shallow mud bottoms. Another consequence of the cold water temperatures is that it tends to slow down the fish. During this chilly time of year, you will find them to be much more lethargic and it can be difficult to solicit a strike. These fish are looking for an easy meal for which they don’t have to exert much energy. A great option to get these lazy fish chewing is using shrimp or cut bait.

Additionally, water clarity is fantastic throughout the lagoon system right now, making it an incredible time to go sight fishing. If you’re ready for a fishing break after getting your fill on turkey this week, give me a call to schedule a guided trip!

Captain Patrick Rood is a native Floridian that has grown up on the local waters of Mosquito Lagoon, Daytona Beach and New Smyrna Beach with the passion for inshore fishing. Call (386) 566-1394 to book a trip, or visit Spot N Tail Charters on the web.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

To respond with a comment, or register here to create your free account.

Subscribe to Win!

Sign up here for a chance to win our monthly prize — $50 GIFT CARD from New Smyrna Outfitters!

You must be logged in to a Fishtona account to sign up for this giveaway! or register here to subscribe and enter the contest.

Scouting Report

If you just want to share an observation about current conditions, but not a full fishing report, post it here!

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Introduce Yourself

To make a new post, or register here to create your free account.

Post On Fishtona!

To post a report or another type of topic, or register here to create your free account.

Login

Login to participate on the Fishtona.com community.

Join Fishtona!

Register to become a member of the Fishtona.com community.

Sorry, registration is temporarily closed.